Project Discription

For my project I chose to write about the relationship between artificial intelligence and new media. I plan on analyzing the positive and negative affects artificial intelligence is creating for todays new media and the possible negative and positive outcomes in the future. You may not realize it but your smart phone has artificial intelligence in it. If you use Siri or Cortana then you are using an artificial intelligence assistant that processes natural language to adapt to the way you speak. Artificial intelligence is a computers ability to replicate the human thought process and solve problems. Doesn't it seem weird for a computer to be able to think and talk like a human? Will these systems take over the world? Or will they help us better our economy and daily life?

Comments

  1. Your topic is great. I am amazed by it. AI is rapidly developing now and dissolve into our lives. I believe that Facebook is developing a chat robot, that we can use it to schedule appointments or meetings, during this process the robot can deal with each others and to compromise. This is amazing, that robot can make compromise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, I haven't heard of that but that's a good idea. I'm going to look into that for my positive part of my paper. I think that robot could help a lot with organization.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jocelyn- I always love reading about technology, especially smart technology. It's crazy how AI is slowly taking over and just how much our privacy is at stake. Eventually I do feel that AI will take over. It's cool and scary at the same time, but nonetheless- we all still look forward to them because of innovative technologies nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think that AI can get out of hand especially if it isn't programmed properly or if it falls into the hands of someone trying to cause harm. But the benefits can be helpful to many right now, while we are waiting for AI to develop the power to become more dangerous.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts