Creativity and New Media

It took me awhile to try and figure out how to use Second Life. There were only a few avatars that I was able to pick from. I though that I would be able to customize one too look like me. After playing around with the interface I realized that I would probably have to get money in order to start customizing my avatar. But because Second Life gives a wide range of creativity I thought it would be best to play around and pick an avatar that was unusual. Since it was halloween yesterday, I picked the witch with the cute cat on her shoulder. I think creativity and new media has to do with freedom to express yourself and media tools to use. If people enjoy dressing different of dressing up, this gives them the freedom to do so.

Comments

  1. Happy Halloween! I think your avatar looks very cute. I agree, new media gives us countless possibilities to express ourselves and be whoever we want to be without having someone else judging us. I think that is the best part of it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts